I am committed to working ethically in accordance with the codes of ethics and practice of UKCP (UK Council for Psychotherapy), BACP (British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy) and AFT (Association for Family Therapy).
I have core values which embrace:
– a belief in the healing power of human relationship.
– a respect for the client and their expereince.
– the importance of the therapeutic relationship (counsellor and clients).
– the role of client in contracting, review and ending the counselling.
– a priority on working ethically
A key principle in my practice is reflexivity – which entails awareness by me of the impact and context of my actions and behaviours as a counsellor and therapist.
I subscribe to the codes of practice of UKCP and BACP. These provide a complaints procedure and process by which clients with a complaint can seek redress. Click here to access the complaints procedure of UKCP